The NRC Mission
To improve the quality of child care and early education programs by supporting child care providers and early educators, families, health professionals, early childhood comprehensive systems, state child care regulatory agencies, state and local health departments, and policy makers in their efforts to identify and promote healthy and safe child care and early education programs.
NRC News / Facebook
- October 24, 2014
- NEW RESEARCH: "Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) were more likely to...
- NEW RESEARCH: "Children with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) were more likely to have been exposed to higher levels of certain air toxics during their mothers' pregnancies and the first two years of life compared to children without the condition..."
Association between air toxics, childhood autism
Children with autism spectrum disorder were more likely to have been exposed to higher levels of certain air toxics during their mothers' pregnancies and the first two years of life compared to children without the condition, according to the preliminary findings of an investigation of American chil…
- October 23, 2014
- This year, the Safe to Sleep® campaign celebrates its 20th anniversary! In the 2...
- This year, the Safe to Sleep® campaign celebrates its 20th anniversary! In the 2 decades since the program began, the U.S. rate of SIDS has dropped by more than 50%.
FYI: The NRC has a collection of safe sleep-related #CFOC3 standards in one handy collection: http://nrckids.org/index.cfm/products/safe-sleep-practices-and-sidssuffocation-risk-reduction/
Safe to Sleep Celebrates 20 Years - Releases Infographics and Resources | Safe to Sleep |...
- October 21, 2014
- TUESDAY #SS3 STANDARD HIGHLIGHT: 18.104.22.168: Storage of Plastic Bags NOTE: Stepp...
- TUESDAY #SS3 STANDARD HIGHLIGHT: 22.214.171.124: Storage of Plastic Bags
NOTE: Stepping Stones, 3rd Edition (#SS3) Standards are now easily identifiable by the presence of a red baby footprint in the #CFOC3 Database!
Complete Standard: Plastic bags, whether intended for storage, trash, diaper disposal, or any other purpose, should be stored out of reach of children.
The rationale, comments, related #CFOC3 standards, and references can be found here: http://bit.ly/1uWNEKu.
#SS3 is a collection of 138 #CFOC3 that, when practiced, could prevent serious harm and injury to children in early care and education settings. The full document and companion checklist can be found here: http://bit.ly/1duQHxs.
If you have any questions about this or other #SS3 standards, please contact the NRC at 1-800-598-KIDS (5437) or email@example.com.
126.96.36.199 - Storage of Plastic Bags
The National Resource Center for Health and Safety in Child Care and Early Education provides health and safety resources for parents, child care providers, regulators, and child care health consultants. Current state licensing regulations are also available and searchable in full text.